|Prema Therapeutics Yoga Teacher Training with Dana Slamp and Jon Witt 100-Hour Continued Education|
September 7 - September 30
Study Therapeutics with Dana Slamp and Jon Witt, and guest Master Teacher Leslie Kaminoff.
Learn how to heal and restore the body and mind through yoga. Explore ancient and modern techniques that reduce anxiety and depression, as well how to address modern ailments through Hatha, slow flow, and restorative yoga. *Perfect for yoga teachers, therapists, and yoga enthusiasts alike.
Included in the training:
• Review anatomy, detailing how to prevent injuries in yoga.
• Teaching beginners.
• Adjusting yoga for back care, joint health, and proper alignment.
• Chair Yoga sequencing for various injuries or conditions.
• Rope wall yoga.
• Adapting the practice for weight management, arthritis, common injuries, the effects of aging, and more.
Pranayama, Philosophy, Meditations, and Musical Therapy
• The science of breathing.
• The psychology of the chakra system.
• The path of healing within the Yoga Sutras.
• Addressing anxiety, depression, auto-immune deficiency disorders, and other modern ailments.
• Chanting techniques and meditations for healing.
• Using the doshas (body/personality types) diagnostically in practice and teaching.
• Ayurvedic recipes and remedies for balance.
• Adjusting the yoga practice for time of year, time of day, and time of life.
• Bringing your practice off the mat in a practical, holistic way.
Restorative Yoga, Slow Flow, and Yin/Yang
• Pranayama (breath techniques) and the science behind gentle yoga
• Adjustments and sequencing.
• Acupressure points for massage and energetic flow.
• Meditations for mental balance and setting proper boundaries.
• Sequencing for ease and sustainability.
• Building heat and flexibility within a limited range of motion.
• Avoiding injuries.
Fridays, 6:00pm - 9:00pm @ Pure East
Saturdays, 9:00am - 6:00pm @ Pure East
Sundays, 11:00am - 7:30pm @ Pure East
Mondays, 6:30pm - 9:00pm @ Pure West
Dana Slamp (ERYT500) has been honored to teach at Pure since its first year in the U.S. She's studied with the Sonic Yoga ladies (vinyasa), Gurmukh (prenatal), Guru Dharam (yoga therapy), Dharma Mittra (asana and meditation classes), and Dana Flynn (500 hour certification). She continues to sing, create, write, and present at national conferences. Whatever the style of yoga, she seeks to empower the students to relish their lives and participate in their own healing.
Jon Witt is E-RYT 500hour, and has joyously shared the healing benefits of Hatha yoga internationally for the past ten years. After teaching in Asia for six years he resides teaching at Pure Yoga NYC."I am privileged to have learned from remarkable souls who I believe who have been blessed by the grace of god". $1500. $1250 for Pure Yoga members *Hours can be applied to a 500 hour RYT Yoga Alliance Certification at Pure Yoga, pending approval.
For more information, please email Laina Jacobs.
Click here to register