|Ashtanga Yoga Teacher Training with Scott Harig and Shana Swanson 150-Hour Continued Education|
April 12 - June 16
Intelligently transform your yoga practice into a sequential method of teaching Ashtanga Vinyasa yoga. Foster and encourage the use of students' own wisdom to create artful vinyasa sequencing through mysore style self-practice and vinyasa teaching. Through deep exploration of the foundation, purpose and placement of the poses in the Ashtanga Yoga system, students will develop a fundamental method to teach Ashtanga Yoga to students at any level. Trainees' own practice and experience of the Vinyasa of the Ashtanga Yoga system shall serve as the basis of teaching of others.
This training will include:
• Weekly Mysore-style practice and teaching with Scott Harig and Shana Swanson.
• Weekly in-depth analysis and study of Ashtanga-based Vinyasa sequencing
• Workshops with Master teachers, including a certified Iyengar Yoga teacher and master Ashtanga-based vinyasa teacher
• The science of teaching vinyasa yoga verbally.
• The experience of physical adjustments and how to use them to safely and effectively to deepen a student's practice.
• Connecting the practice of Ashtanga Yoga to the philosophy and underpinnings of the Yoga Sutras of Patanjali
Practice, Observation/Assist Hours:
Students will have the flexibility to fulfill 40 of their required 150 hours through practice, according to their own schedule. This requirement shall include the following:
· 15 hours led and/or mysore-style Ashtanga classes
· 25 hours with specifically designated ashtanga-based vinyasa teachers
Students shall also complete 50 hours of training through observation and/or assistance in Scott Harig and Shana Swanson's classes at PURE Yoga (East or West) as well as in the community mysore room that will be made available to trainees and the PURE Yoga community for the duration of the training.
Scott Harig has been a dedicated Ashtanga Yoga teacher for 10 years. While living in Denver, Scott taught yoga exclusively at the Denver Ashtanga Yoga Center under the direction of Michael Rawlison. He has trained under Richard Freeman, Tim Miller and David Swenson. Upon moving to Chicago, Scott revitalized and ran the Mysore Program at Nature Yoga and taught their led Ashtanga classes for 3 years. In June 2008, Harig moved to New York City, to be part of the United States launch of Pure Yoga.
Shana Swanson has been a dedicated Ashtanga yoga practioner for over 10 years. She trained privately for 8 years with certified Ashtanga teacher Ananda Adams. Shana began teaching after the birth of her second daughter in 2009. Shana Swanson currently teaches Mysore- style Ashtanga Yoga privately and at PURE Yoga East.
Fridays, 6:00pm - 9:00pm @West
Sundays, 1:00pm - 4:00pm @ East
*Off 5/24-5/30 for Memorial Day week
$1500 for members
$1800 for non members
For more information, please email Lindsey Valdez.
Click here to register