Originally from Minneapolis, MN (has called Manhattan home since 1987!)
Having extensively studied and practiced Anusara Yoga for many years, Mary’s classes are both heartfelt and alignment oriented. She seeks to teach students how to balance the hard and the soft in order to become stronger and more resilient, both on and off the yoga mat.
CLASSES AT PURE
Prenatal, Baby & Me, Momma Core
EXPERIENCE & CERTIFICATIONS
24 Years, Pre and Post-Natal Yoga
Marketing positions on Wall Street and a large NYC law firm. I became certified in Fitness and Yoga, and taught part-time while I held my other corporate positions. I finally got up the nerve to leave my desk job and I started teaching full time in 1992. The next year my first son was born, and I began to create my Yoga For Two Prenatal and Postpartum program.
- Baby & Me
- Momma Core
- Yoga for Two | Prenatal Teacher Training (Part I)
- Learn how to accommodate pregnant women who attend your group yoga classes
- Prepare to teach private prenatal yoga sessions
- Sequence and teach Prenatal Yoga classes.
- General background of pregnancy,including knowledge of student’s relationship with healthcare providers, and how to recognize high risk vs. low risk pregnancy
- Yoga philosophy to uplift your students as they co-create with the universe
- Principles of alignment and yoga techniques specialized to the needs of pregnant women, including anatomy & physiology, hormonal impact on the joints and connective tissue
- Exercises to strengthen transverse abdominal muscle and pelvic floor
- Anatomy of the pelvis, and common discomforts of pregnancy and how to help them
- Modifications for all stages of pregnancy, working with different levels of yoga experience and what poses are contraindicated during pregnancy
- Prenatal Yoga class demos are included, as well as class sequencing design, practice teaching one-on-one; team-teaching a practice class.
- Yoga for Pregnancy & Childbirth (Part II) September 15-17, 2017
- Postpartum/Baby & Me Yoga (Part III) Teacher Training October 20-22, 2017.
This multi-level postpartum yoga flow class is specifically designed to reawaken and strengthen a woman's postpartum body---with an emphasis on their core--- after giving birth, while they practice yoga with their baby. Dads are welcome to attend class too and join in the flow! Baby yoga and songs are included. This class helps moms and dads regain physical, mental and emotional strength during the early months of motherhood while they meet other new moms and babies.
(Please note: At Pure Yoga East you can call the front desk when you arrive to ask them to send the elevator to Street Level if you have a stroller: 212-360-1888.)
Friday, June 16 - Sunday June 18 & Friday, June 23
Friday, June 16 | 6:00pm-9:00pm
Saturday June 17 | 10:00am-6:00pm
Sunday | June 18 10:00am-6:00pm
Friday June 23 | 2:00pm - 5:00pm
**Observation to at least one Prenatal Yoga class at Pure Yoga.