Scott teaches an eclectic yoga sequence, drawing from his Hatha, Ayurveda and Ashtanga teachings. He believes yoga to be an effective method of self discovery and positive change. Scott aspires to introduce yoga's potential to newcomers and help facilitate regular practitioners' path to self knowledge and acceptance.
CLASSES AT PURE
Ashtanga, Vinyasa, Hot Power Yoga
EXPERIENCE & CERTIFICATIONS
Scott Harig has been a dedicated Ashtanga Yoga teacher since 2000. While living in Denver, Scott taught yoga exclusively at the Denver Ashtanga Yoga Center under the direction of Michael Rawlison. His main teacher today is Manju Jois, and for the last three years he's led the Ashtanga Program at Pure Yoga West in New York City.
Competitive Mountain Biker
- Hot Power Yoga (2/3)
- Ashtanga Open Practice
- Vinyasa (2)
- 100 Hour | Ashtanga Teacher Training
- Classroom Hours (Fridays + Sundays)
- 28 hours of physical practice
- 18 hrs in a led or Mysore Ashtanga class
- 10 hrs in an approved vinyasa class.
- 3 hours of training through observation (approved list of teachers will be given on day 1 of training)
- 15 hours of assistance/teaching in Scott Harig’s classes at Pure Yoga East or West as well as in Ashtanga Open Practice.
- The remaining hours will be filled by reading 2-books (The Yoga Mala and Guruji) and watching (2) videos and providing 3-5 bullets on things learned.
- AOP | Monday - Friday 6am - 10am
- Sunday's Led Class | 9am - 10:45am
- Ashtanga Intermediate Series
- Vinyasa (2/3)
- Hot Power Yoga (2/3)
- Hot Power Yoga (2)
Each student is taught individually; given a one-on-one lesson within a group class. This individual approach means Ashtanga Open Practice classes are a perfect fit for new and longtime practitioners. Each and every student is guided and supported in an ongoing program that offers an incredible array of strength, flexibility, and flow resulting in a practice that detoxifies, balances, and strengthens both body and mind.
Each student is encouraged to memorize the breathing/movement sequence and develop an independent yet insightfully supported practice.
Fridays | 6:00pm - 8:00pm
Sundays | 1:00pm - 5:00pm
No class Friday June 30th or Sunday July 2nd (July 4th weekend)
ABOUT THIS TEACHER TRAINING
Intelligently transform your yoga practice via the learnings of the Ashtanga system as well as Vinyasa yoga, with an Ashtanga influence. During the course of the training the student will learn how to teach a led Ashtanga class and work with students in a Mysore classroom. This training will also incorporate the Ashtanga knowledge and working it into Vinyasa sequencing for a well thought out classroom experience.
• Weekly Mysore-style practice and teaching with Scott Harig
• Weekly in-depth analysis and study of Ashtanga Yoga.
• Weekly in-depth analysis and study of Vinyasa Yoga with the Ashtanga influence.
• Smart Sequencing for teaching a Vinyasa class. The experience of physical adjustments and how to use them to safely and effectively deepen a student's practice.
100 HOUR BREAKDOWN
Practice, Observation/Assist Hours (52)
Students have the flexibility to fulfill 52 of their required 100 hours through practice according to their own schedule.
This requirement shall include the following:
Prior to and during your training, we encourage attending Scott Harig’s Ashtanga Open Practice + Sunday led class to strengthen your individual practice.
Members | $1250
Non Members | $1500
Pure Yoga TT Grads | $1100
ABOUT SCOTT HARIG
Scott Harig has been a dedicated Ashtanga Yoga teacher for 15+ years. While living in Denver, Scott taught yoga exclusively at the Denver Ashtanga Yoga Center under the direction of Michael Rawlison. He has trained under Richard Freeman, Tim Miller and David Swenson. Upon moving to Chicago, Scott revitalized and ran the Mysore Program at Nature Yoga and taught their led Ashtanga classes for 3 years. In June 2008, Harig moved to New York City, to be part of the United States launch of Pure Yoga