- NYRR Yoga for Runners | Five Week Series at Pure Yoga East
- Develop a yoga practice that complements running by promoting flexibility
- Learn movements to help strengthen the core and prevent injuries
- Improve breath control and train the body and mind
- Practice with like minded practitioners who share the affinity for running
- Access to spa-like locker rooms with massage showers and steam rooms
The typical runner experiences a great deal of pounding, tightening, and shortening of the muscles leading up to a race, and not enough restorative, elongating, and loosening work pre- and especially post-race. The NYRR Yoga for Runners classes focus on building strength, improving breath control and mastering mental focus pre-race, and restorative techniques post-race to help runners more quickly and safely get back to training for their next challenges.
Classes are open to all skill levels – allowing runners to learn the yoga basics, build on the skills they already have, and/or develop a stronger yoga practice. In the five-week program, the first four sessions (pre-race) focus on body preparation and mental clarity before the big day. The fifth class is a post-race celebratory practice with intention to regenerate and restore.
Thursdays, 5:30pm - 6:30pm at Pure Yoga East
April 27th - May 25th
Series | $125 (no make up classes)
Drop in | $30