New York, NY
Andrea's strong flow is in an assimilation of anatomical knowledge, spiritual intention, meditation, and focused breath. An avid runner and kick-boxer, she loves the honesty found in simply moving and sweating.
CLASSES AT PURE
Vinyasa, Ashtanga, Hot Power, PXT
EXPERIENCE & CERTIFICATIONS
7 Years, 300-Hour Certification, ERYT-200 & RYT 500 with Yoga Alliance, Meditation, Thai Yoga Massage, Marma Point Therapy, Kick-Boxing
Kristin Leal, David Swenson, Shiva Rea, Isauro Fernandez
- Ashtanga Open Practice
- Hot Power Yoga (2)
- Hot Power Yoga (2/3)
- Hot Power Yoga (2)
- NYRR Yoga for Runners | Five Week Series at Pure Yoga West
- Develop a yoga practice that complements running by promoting flexibility
- Learn movements to help strengthen the core and prevent injuries
- Improve breath control and train the body and mind
- Practice with like minded practitioners who share the affinity for running
- Access to spa-like locker rooms with massage showers and steam rooms
- Anti-Aging Fitness Experience Powered By Naboso Yoga Mat
- An introduction to the Naboso mat, it's multi-functional usage and various levels of fitness training from yoga to full strength training perfection. Each guests will get to experience the power behind Naboso
- Ashtanga- The classical form of power yoga as taught in its traditional sequence. Combines power and flexibility with movement, bandhas and breath to produce an energetic and detoxifying practice.
- An introduction to BARE®-the only workout that combines the benefits of barefoot science and balance training for one intense workout!
- A fierce feet cool down geared to help women and men strengthen their feet and ankles. Strong feet and ankles are the foundation to walking confidently in any shoe and for women, stilettos. Learn simple exercises that can be done everyday!
- Pure Zen Flow
Each student is taught individually; given a one-on-one lesson within a group class. This individual approach means Ashtanga Open Practice classes are a perfect fit for new and longtime practitioners. Each and every student is guided and supported in an ongoing program that offers an incredible array of strength, flexibility, and flow resulting in a practice that detoxifies, balances, and strengthens both body and mind.
Each student is encouraged to memorize the breathing/movement sequence and develop an independent yet insightfully supported practice.
The typical runner experiences a great deal of pounding, tightening, and shortening of the muscles leading up to a race, and not enough restorative, elongating, and loosening work pre- and especially post-race. The NYRR Yoga for Runners classes focus on building strength, improving breath control and mastering mental focus pre-race, and restorative techniques post-race to help runners more quickly and safely get back to training for their next challenges.
Classes are open to all skill levels – allowing runners to learn the yoga basics, build on the skills they already have, and/or develop a stronger yoga practice. In the five-week program, the first four sessions (pre-race) focus on body preparation and mental clarity before the big day. The fifth class is a post-race celebratory practice with intention to regenerate and restore.
Tuesdays, 6pm - 7pm at Pure Yoga West
February 21st - March 21st
Series | $125 (no make up classes)
Drop in | $30
Naboso Technology is a product company that focuses on barefoot proprioceptive stimulation. Naboso (meaning "barefoot" in Czech) is a material designed to specifically stimulate the small nerve proprioceptors in the bottom of the feet. From skin stretch to vibration and texture the plantar foot is sensitive to very specific stimuli - stimuli which if integrated into our training can ultimately improve stability, strength, coordination to truly be barefoot strong.