Dana’s adventurous classes encourage moving from your center, overcoming fear, and the courage to love oneself. She wishes for her students to experience the truth in their way - be it though a vigorous physical practice, music, restorative yoga, or meditation.
CLASSES AT PURE
Yoga Therapy, Vinyasa
EXPERIENCE & CERTIFICATIONS
7 Years, Pure Yoga Senior Teacher and Mentor, E-RYT 50, Prenatal Yoga, Restorative Yoga
Georgia from Bikram
Writer and Actor
- Slow Flow Meditation (1/2)
- 100 hour Prema Yoga Therapeutics Essentials
- Yoga Sutra's of Patanjali - please read the first two "padas" before training.
- The Heart of Yoga - by Desikachar
- Prema Therapeutics Essentials Manual
- Relax and Renew by Judith Lasseter
- Yoga for Emotional Balance by Bo Forbes.
- Members | $1250
- Non Members | $1500
- Pure Yoga Grads | $1100
- Count towards 500 hour Certification from Pure Yoga (pending approval)
- Are required to complete Prema Yoga Institute 800 hour Yoga Therapy Certification Course
- May be transferred for graduate credits at Saybrook University, upon acceptance
- May provide CEU's for nurses and psychologists, upon request
- Prema Vinyasa (Open)
- Hot Vinyasa (2)
- Yin/Yang (1)
- Prema Vinyasa (2)
- Prema Vinyasa (2/3)
- Restorative (Open)
Explore how a yoga & meditation practice can significantly support health and wellness. Learn the science and physiology behind the "down-regulating" aspects of restorative yoga, Hatha, meditation, slow flow, and pranayama. "Scan" the body to improve symmetry and manage pain, to alter postures when in recovery, and to practice mindfully as you age. Modify your practice and teaching mindfully in chair yoga, rope wall work, and propping. Learn ancient, evidence-informed techniques to reduce anxiety and depression, as well as how adjust teaching and practice when an injury of disease is present. Perfect for yoga teachers, therapists, and yoga enthusiasts alike.
Prema Therapeutics Description.
• Review anatomy, detailing how to prevent injuries in yoga.
• Teaching beginners.
• Adjusting yoga for back care, joint health, and proper alignment.
• Chair Yoga sequencing for various injuries or conditions.
• Rope wall yoga.
• Adapting the practice for weight management, arthritis, common injuries, the effects of aging, and more.
Pranayama, Philosophy, Meditations, and Musical Therapy:
• The science of breathing.
• The psychology of the chakra system.
• The path of health and wellness in the Yoga Sutras.
• Addressing anxiety, depression, auto-immune deficiency disorders, and other modern ailments.
• Meditations for balance and wellness
Restorative Yoga, Slow Flow, and Yin/Yang:
• The science of immunity
• Adjustments and sequencing.
• Acupressure points for massage and energetic flow.
• Meditations for mental balance and setting proper boundaries.
• Sequencing for ease and sustainability.
• How to create a calm and meditative flow.
• How to build heat within a limited range of motion.
• Avoiding injuries.
• How to use the doshas (body/personality types) diagnostically in practice and teaching.
• Adjusting the yoga practice for time of year, time of day, and time of life.
• Bringing your practice off the mat in a practical, holistic way.
Jon Witt is E-RYT 500hour, and has joyously shared the healing benefits of Hatha yoga internationally for the past ten years. After teaching in Asia for six years he resides teaching at Pure Yoga NYC."I am privileged to have learned from remarkable souls who I believe who have been blessed by the grace of god”.
Fridays | 6:00pm - 9:00pm
Saturdays | 9:00am - 6:00pm
Sundays | 10:00am - 8:00pm